Friday, September 18, 2009

Movie Date with the Kids

Okay, so tonight, I thought it would be fun to take the kids to see the movie, "Aliens in the Attic" at the cheap theater. It was fun until after the movie. We needed so badly to stop by Target to pick up a birthday gift for Addison's best friend, Marlee. It was going fine and then HE SNAPPED...
Taesun went haywire. I even offered to buy him Legos which we have been toying with the idea for some time now and since they are sooo darn expensive, I just haven't done it yet. I put the Lego box in the back of the cart and before I knew it, Taesun was throwing the box out of the cart and screaming "I hate you" while crying hysterically. What a way to end the week alone with the kids. Major tantrum which couldn't be stopped under any circumstance right in the middle of Target. We immediately left, but still had to check out. While at the check out lane, I was literally wrestling Tae and pleading with Addison to hurry up and swipe the card. I couldn't even swipe my own card! The tantrum was insane. I knew it was late, but he has done late nights before and been fine. What a difference ten minutes makes in the life of a 3 yr old.
When I was putting him to bed, (as soon as we walked in the door) he wanted to hug me and tell me he was sorry. Major mood swings!!! So glad today is over. Now onto tomorrow. As crazy as it will be, at least I'll have two extra hands to help out... Rob will finally be home!! Thank goodness for spouses!!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Sorry to hear about your crazy day! I am glad that Rob is now there to help you out!