Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kitchen Chair Tutorial

Here is a quick tutorial on how to make a chair. I am using this chair for a kitchen chair. I purchased these decorative wood pieces at the dollhouse store. You can also probably get them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I hot-glued the legs onto a long strip of cardboard. I then folded the cardboard to make the base of the chair. I measured the chair back and cut off the remainder of the piece of cardboard.This is what my chair looked like at this point...
I measured Barbie in her chair to make sure the chair-back wasn't too big.
I covered the chair in fabric. (This particular fabric was an old shirt of Addi's that I cut up because I absolutely loved the fabric and she had stained and ripped the shirt. My kids are hard on clothes- what can I say...)
I hot-glued the fabric onto the cardboard. Voila! Here is a chair!

No comments: