Monday, November 7, 2011

Pre-Thanksgiving Feast

So yesterday when Taesun starting feeling sick, I knew that I would be home all day with the little man. Plus-I had an appointment to get some water damaged wall fixed in our home. Of course the window of time was several hours. Because of all of this, I thought it would be fun to make a Thanksgiving Feast for our family's dinner tonight. I roasted a turkey, made green bean casserole, homemade mashed potatoes, rolls, stuffing, and of course, jello with mandarin oranges. Yummy! I was so excited to show Rob that I not only took Tae to the doctor and the pharmacy today and took care of a sick child, but also made a wonderful turkey dinner. Guess what?! Dinner was had by the kids and I. Rob got stuck in an office and wasn't able to make it home on time. Since the girls have soccer practice tonight, we had to start eating without him. I was super bummed!! No mom makes a fancy dinner for the kids. If that was the case- when the hubby is gone, the mom and kids wouldn't eat mac-n-cheese or hot dogs or Spaghettio's. Instead of getting me in the mood for Thanksgiving, it just created a massive clean up chore for me and a bad attitude about making dinner for the family for the remainder of the week. I think we will just stick with the actual Thanksgiving dinner for years to come. At least I am not making the turkey this year. We will be hanging with Rob's cousin, Keri and her husband, Josh and their three girls at their house. Should be fun!!

No comments: