Thursday, January 21, 2010

Results are in..

This post is not for the faint of heart or anyone not wanting to know medical stuff... Today I had an endoscopy performed on me. The results are as follows: multiple rings seen suspicious for epsinophilic esophagitic, (they performed a biopsy), schatzki's ring (they performed dilation), erythema in the antrum compatible with non-erosive gastritis (they performed another biopsy), and normal mucosa in the whole duodenum. Now- I don't know about you, but I looked at those results and first said, "huh?" and then researched what they were on the internet. Here's what I think about the results...
First, I think my esophagus is messed up. They stretched out my upper esophagus and it is now so painful I can't eat/drink barely anything. Hopefully tomorrow will be better for that. There was also red rings around my esophagus which inticated an allergic reaction (who the freak knows to what?!) Then they found that my stomach was red which they did another biopsy on. That makes me think gastritis...which if not treated can lead to stomach cancer... but if treated can be taken care of pretty easily. I am now afraid that I will have to be put on a very strict diet to see what I am allergic to...as well as see an allergist. But that's just what I think they will do.

I did get a blessing tonight and it was just what I needed. I KNOW the Priesthood can heal. I am hoping to be able to swallow tomorrow and get good news about the two biopsies in 7-10 days. Until then...Good night.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh Stacey- this just stinks. I hate that you are feeling so bad. I am saying prayers that they will figure out exactly what is wrong and that it can be easily fixed. Cause-when mama don't feel good, nobody feels good. Hoping you have a speedy recovery. Love ya!

Sara said...

Sending healing thoughts your way. Hope you feel better very soon!