Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One year ago today...







So, I was talking to someone from chuch today and I was reminded of the date. January 20. Last year on this day, Tae and I were in the ER getting a CT Scan of his head. Then we were rushed to Children's Hospital because he had a fractured skull, a blood clot in his brain, and a 2mm depression in his skull. How helpless I felt. There was such a need to remain calm and strong for my little boy, but inside I was a train wreck. Taesun is my little man. What was I going to do if something happened to him? I am reminded everyday at what a little miracle my Taesun is. From being born with the cord wrapped around his neck THREE times and the Dr.'s not knowing it to his head trauma and not to mention his 2nd degree burn on his hand/arm which still looks terrible, and his speech delay and oral hyposensitivity to go with it. This little guy has put the gray in my hair....but I wouldn't want to spend a day alive without him. He is definitely my little rock. Anytime I feel a bit depressed, I just snuggle up to Tae and ask him if he's still my baby. He calms me. He makes me laugh. Our family would just not be complete without him. I am soooo thankful for the blessings that God has given us. Our health, wealth, abilities, talents, and love for each other are some of my favorites. So- next time that Tae is breaking something or hitting his sisters, I will have to remember that he is my son that might not have been here had it not been for God's miracles and blessings.

1 comment:

Dave & Kami said...

I remember that day! soo glad everything turned out great. I'm so glad you had Taesun. Boys can be so much fun!