Thursday, August 21, 2008

This was the first day of school at Shirley Mann Elementary this year. What was neat about this year was the amount of families that had both parents at the bus stop to see their kids off. I think every family (6 in all) had both parents there! It is so neat to see parents taking an active role in their children's lives. Rob and I are always arguing to see who gets to take the girls to the bus stop. We both end up going and bringing Tae with us. He loves seeing the school bus come to pick up his sisters, although he prefers to see the bus drop off his sisters because he misses them.

I had a hard day the first day of school. My day usually is filled with dancing and singing girls and a little guy following them around trying to catch up with his sisters. It is always noisy in my house. For the past five years, I've always had at least two kids at home to take care of. Now with the girls both gone in the morning- it is soooo quiet. I didn't know how to deal with that the first day, so Tae and I went shopping. We got some socks for the girls and some more hairbands. Also- I had to replace my makeup since Tae got into it a few days beforehand. Little boys are so different than girls. I could always catch the girls in time before they made too big of a mess, but little Tae is always surprising me with how quickly he can make a mess! He is rather good about it. I'll have to take a picture the next time so you all know what I'm talking about.

Overall, school went great. The girls both love their classes and their teachers. I am rather impressed with Addi's teacher although I am not too fond of Jenna's yet. Hopefully things will improve. Bottom line- we made it through without tears!!




No comments: